Why join the course?
Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration and is widely accepted by universities, colleges and governments around the world. All test takers should prepare for PTE Academic, even if English is your first language.
PTE Academic is a three hour computer-based English test assessing real-life, academic English, with three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading, developed to allow you to demonstrate your language skills scored by unbiased Artificial Intelligence. This course will assist you to develop your confidence and success by understanding the structure and learning outcomes of the Pearson Test of English (PTE) and to develop exam skills.
PTE Academic is accepted by institutions and governments across the world, find out more about where PTE is accepted here.
This course is offered by YouSTUDY International College, Cairns’ premier provider of language education courses for international students. We believe that studying English should be a life-changing experience for every student.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 30 June, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- Understand and engage with key preparation materials for confidence on test day
- Understand the structure and time management skills required
- Explore each of the elements of the test (listening, reading, speaking and writing).
- Discover materials for further study and practice
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
- 22 Jun 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Engage with and apply a variety of exam perparation skills
- Investigate the structure and develop your knowledge of the PTE A test
- Explore guided practice of exam material and student involvement
- Explore productive and receptive skills required for the PTE A test
- Demonstrate and develop techniques to help prepare for the PTE A test
Who is the course for?
This course will guide learners through how to prepare for and succeed in the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, used for Visa and academic enrolment purposes.
Who developed the course?
YouSTUDY International College
YouSTUDY International College is based in Cairns, Queensland Australia. They are a premier provider of English language education courses for international students.
YouSTUDY International College are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible