In the information age, we value the people who can understand the data
Big data analytics helps us to understand the huge volume of information our world now generates. We can use analytics to uncover hidden patterns, predict trends, gauge customer opinions and so much more.
On this course, developed by Professor Bela Stantic and Griffith University’s Big Data and Smart Analytics Lab, you’ll learn how to evaluate data from different sources, and how big data is being used in various industries to solve problems and shape our future.
You’ll also consider the challenges that arise from big data analytics, and, ultimately, how all this impacts your life.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 30 June, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.lay Video
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to big data and where it comes from
- Overview of the data analytics cycle
- Social media platforms and types of data
- Applications of big data across different industries
- Opportunities and challenges for big data analytics
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
- Available now
- Join today
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explain the key concepts of big data analytics
- Evaluate data from different sources
- Identify implications of big data analytics
- Describe how big data analytics can solve problems across disciplines
Who is the course for?
This course would suit anyone interested in learning about the fast-growing field of big data, including those considering a career in the industry. It may be of particular use to social media users, or those interested in seeing how big data may affect their particular industry.
Griffith University was created to be a different kind of university—challenging conventions, responding to trends and pioneering solutions through innovative teaching and research.